
Here's my attempt at making a collage of the pictures of me this pregnancy. Click on it to see it bigger. I know the last picture is over 3 weeks old. My photographer and I have only spent 2.5 days together during the past 2.5 weeks. So, it's been hard to take a picture. I'll try to get another soon. :) Though, I don't think I've grown any.
New news. Bri started his internship with PwC on June 20. He spent that week doing orientation in Los Angeles. He spent the next week doing orientation in Orange County, the office he will actually be working out of. This week he started working at clients. Should be fun to hear about.
I flew out on July 2nd. We spent the 4th of July weekend with Bri's family in Redlands, CA. It was a lot of fun. We drove late on the 4th out to Fountain Valley, CA to the house where we had rented a room. Bri had been staying there for a week. We were excited to get settled in. Everything seemed normal until the next morning. The wife approached us and told us that she hadn't realized I would be staying at the house as well. She wasn't comfortable with me being there during the day. Apparently, she has had a bad experience with things getting stolen from her house while she was gone. She only wanted to rent to people who would be gone during the day.
As you can imagine, this was a little frustrating. Bri left for work and I was left at the house where I suddenly felt very uncomfortable, until Bri's extremely kind mother drove out and picked me up. I spent the rest of the day at her house in Redlands trying to find us a new place to live. I emailed a dozen people from ads on Craigslist, but wasn't very hopeful. The lady we were going to stay with was kind enough to tell our information and situation to her RS president, who sent an email out to the women in the ward. One lady called us, but was out of town and we had to wait to talk to her husband. Bri was able to see the place yesterday evening and make plans for us to move in on Thursday.
So, I've spent the day today trying to keep myself busy. However, most of my stuff (including the charger to my dead phone and all but one of my shirts) is still in Bri's car. He stayed at the original house last night and will tonight until we can move on Thursday.
I'm so grateful for my in-laws who've let me crash at their house. I'm also grateful for kind people who are letting us move in with two days notice. The pressure is on to be a good renter!
In other news in our lives, the baby is growing strong. She is measuring right along with her due date. She's become extremely active, sometimes making it hard for me to fall back asleep when I wake up in the night. I've still had about the perfect pregnancy. My only complaints are back pain if I use poor posture and acid reflux. Luckily my acid has been better the past couple of days. Baby girl must have shifted into a new position that isn't pushing up on my stomach so much. At my last appointment, baby girl wasn't in any normal position. The midwife couldn't find her head, but was sure it wasn't in my pelvis or my stomach. It seems she still has plenty of room to do somersaults, so hopefully she can find her way to head down.
Yes, we are still calling her baby girl. We are terrible at coming up with names. We trend towards traditional names like Brittney and Ashley, but don't feel like we've found the perfect combination yet. We'll see. We still have 2 months, right?
I hope in the next three weeks to get playing for real with my sewing machine. It is in Bri's car (of course) and I have material for several projects with me. I'll post pictures as I get going on them. And then, it will be a few short weeks till baby girl joins us. Only 2 months to go!
Wow, what an awful story about the housing! That lady will be sorry when she hears what awesome renters you are from the other people in your ward. I had no idea you were back in Redlalnds. You should have called me. We could have hit another great movie.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You look awesome. And still wearing a pre-pregnancy dress at 28 weeks? Wow.
ReplyDeleteI agree, you look great! We would love to get together with everyone while you guys are around so maybe we will have to come down to Orange County sometime this month.
ReplyDeleteAlso, if you haven't already checked it out, I would take a look at http://www.nymbler.com/ for baby names. You just put in a few names that you like and it will generate other names that it thinks you might like. It's lots of fun :) I would also recommend the baby name wizard blog which has lots of interesting articles about names.
That's so weird, but understandable. I'm glad you found someone else to stay with!
ReplyDeleteSarah, thanks for writing! I love it when you do this!! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteDad