Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beverly Hills

Bri and I have been in Beverly Hills since Monday morning. Bri is working on the audit for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, a.k.a. the Oscars. He has been able to do a lot more for this audit than he felt like he did on his last engagement, but he feels like they're running out of things for him to do. We'll see if they can keep him busy tomorrow. Tomorrow after Bri gets off work, we are heading to Dodger stadium for an intern event. Somehow they ended up with lots of extra tickets, so I get to go. It should be fun. After the game, we'll drive back to Orange County. Saturday afternoon, we're going to come back down to LA to eat at a Honduran restaurant with the Cannons and Hutchings. We're excited!
















PwC put us up in the Beverly Hilton for the week. It has been fun for me to come with Bri down here. Monday, I spent the day with my cousin's wife, Erica, and her two darling kids. We went down to Santa Monica and wandered around. It was a pleasant. She was kind enough to let me take a nap on her couch and relax there until Bri got off at 6. Since then, I've been mostly hanging out in the hotel, doing more crocheting and listening to "The Help," a book about black housekeepers in Mississippi during the civil rights movement. I've really enjoyed it. Maybe too much because I'm not getting out of my room very much. In the evenings, Bri and I go out to dinner and see a little bit of Beverly Hills.




















Here's a picture of some of the crocheting I've been doing this week. I've tried some more complicated stitches, so I'm a little slower.
















Tomorrow, after I check out of the hotel, I'm going to spend the afternoon at the temple. It's just down the street from here. It should be a great way to spend my afternoon before we head to the baseball game. Next week we're in Orange County and Friday or Saturday we're heading back to Utah. I can't believe it's gone so quickly. When we get home, it's only 5 weeks until the baby is due. We have a lot to do in those 5 weeks! It should be lots of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love your crocheting!

    How brave of you to go out to eat with Cannons....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - glad you're having a great time. We're eager to have you back in Utah!! Counting down...

    ReplyDelete