Bri finished up working with Epson yesterday. Epson is a printers and faxes company. During his four days on this client, he did a lot of copying and pasting, combining various financial statements for the past quarter to get them ready for analysis. He said it was pretty boring, but the senior on the project gave Bri a really good review, telling him he thought Bri knew more than the average intern. He was impressed with Bri's work ethic and willingness to help. With a review like that, Bri's full-time offer is almost guaranteed! But really, who wouldn't love Bri. :)
My days have been pretty quiet. Monday night we went out for ice cream at a cute little shop called Lola's. I forgot my camera, so sorry no pictures. We showed up at 7:55 and learned that the shop closes every day at 8. Even Friday night. We were glad we made it in time. I had a yummy hot fudge sundae with Cookie Monster ice cream. Bri got a double scoop, but I don't remember what flavors. :) They were yummy. I guess people don't eat lots of ice cream here as it hasn't been over 80 degrees since we showed up. Not like any July I've had before. :)
Yesterday I made another burp cloth. This one isn't nearly as girly. I did a backwards single crochet around the edge. It gives it a nice knotted look.
Today, I tackled a more complicated project, though it really wasn't that bad. I made myself a nursing cover. I found a good tutorial before I left home and was ready to try it.
Trying it on.
It even comes with a secret pocket on the inside.
It was fun to make something that I need and will be useful. I like following instructions and getting something done! My next big project is going to be a patchwork fleece blanket. I hope it will take me a few days. :) I'll post again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment