At the end of April, I graduated from BYU. Elder Scott was the commencement speaker and because he is a personal friend of one of the students in my nursing class, he also attended the nursing convocation. Here are a few pictures.
Me with two of my friends from my program, Terra and Kelsey.
Shaking Elder Scott's hand when the Dean presented my diploma case. :)

As a side note, I took my NCLEx, the nursing licensure exam last week and passed! I can officially write my name as Sarah Wright, RN!
Shortly after graduation, we took a family trip with my parents and Matt to Costa Rica. It was so much fun! We had a blast and Matt and Bri got to polish up their Spanish.
For the first part of the trip we stayed near this volcano. It was beautiful!
We did some fun jungle exploring at the volcano. We took high hanging bridges to see the jungle from a treetop view.
Both of us
I didn't get a good picture of how high up we were, but it was high!
We visited a fun butterfly and hummingbird garden. Here are Matt and me, the butterflies.
And a real butterfly.
Hummingbird.
We also did an AMAZING zipline treetop tour of the jungle. The zipline cables we so long, it took a full 30 seconds or more (the longest being a minute ride) per cable to cross over the jungle. I pretended not to be pregnant (just a little fat) and we had a blast!
At the end of the ziplines, posing with the volcano.
This was Bri's favorite part of the trip. It was wonderful!
I'm holding the mechanism I rode the cables with. They would strap my harness to this mechanism and give me a push! It was awesome. :)
The volcano is one of the most continually active in the world. It hasn't exploded fully since the late 90's, but it does vent and smoke frequently. It was kind enough to do so for us. A smoking volcano!
For the second half of our trip, we stayed on the Pacific Ocean side of the coast.
It was also very beautiful!
Our hotel was very near a National Park full of fun wildlife:
Two- and Three- toed sloths, (which really do move extremely slowly)
Beautiful birds,
And several kinds of monkeys.
This is a tiny squirrel monkey. They are endangered and only live in Costa Rica.
There was also a very entertaining group (20ish) of spider monkeys that decided to jump the path from the trees high above us. Once one of them jumped, they all had to repeat the act. I caught a picture of one mid-jump.
Here's a close-up of one of them.
We also took a deep sea fishing trip and three of us got burned very badly. But, we caught three little sharks and a tuna that we ate for dinner. We stayed in very fancy hotels. Here are two pictures taken from the swimming pools in our hotels.
We had a blast. We had a 7 hour lay-over in Atlanta, so my Mom's aunt, uncle, and several of her cousins met us to go out for dinner and ice cream.
Chilling in Atlanta
Our favorite flavor of ice cream at the shop we went to.
Since our return from our wonderful vacation. Bri and I have mostly been working and doing little things to get ready for our baby's arrival. Our study is continuing to turn into a nursery. Remember what it looked like before?
It's slowly transitioned into:
Other than furniture, we have very little baby stuff. The plan for the next little while is to work on getting registered for what we want, and then acquiring it all.
We also acquired Grandma Kenison's old piano when my cousin Julie and her friend Alex moved to Romania. Don't let this picture fool you. Bri plays the piano much more than Sarah does. :)
One of the other new additions to our apartment is my graduation present, a fancy new sewing machine! Here's a picture of me breaking it in mending Bri's slacks.
My first real project on my machine was a baby blanket. Here's the finished blanket.
In less exciting news, Bri was hit by another driver and our 6 month old car looked sad. Luckily it was the car that we have collision insurance on, so now it looks beautiful again! Sadly, the other driver involved gave Bri false information and we were forced to take the bill. That's why we have insurance, I guess. :)
And quickly, finish off, a few updated pregnancy pictures.
21 weeks
23 weeks
25 weeks
I love your super long blog post, thanks for taking the time to do it!!! Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteYay Sarah! Fun to read. Now, your goal is to do it again in less than seven weeks!5
ReplyDeleteHaha! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I need to update my blog too. I like the baby's room. It's cute. When do you want to do your baby shower? Oh, and I totally thought that Matt was sitting on an actual alligator, but then I realized it was fake. Yeah, I was like, "WHAT!?!" You get the picture. Anyways. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteBri, your car looks just like mine looked! (Except my accident was MY fault.) I feel your pain. However, it is awful that someone would give you false info. In UTAH? Say it isn't so!
ReplyDeleteYou are still very little :)
ReplyDelete