Sunday, August 18, 2013

Virginia

 Nearly two months after we left for our trip in Virginia, I'm finally posting pictures of our trip.  While a few of these pictures were taken by either me or Brian, the majority of these pictures were taken by my dad.  Sorry for the picture overload.  I had a really hard time choosing what pictures to post.  There were so many darling pictures of Madison.

Madison did fairly well traveling for two days to get to VA.  She loved being with Daddy so much.
 

She carried her baby with her through most of the traveling.  Here she is sitting on a bus to get to the airport in Utah.
 
 

 Madison especially liked traveling with Nana, PopPop, Aunt Jenna, and Uncle Matty.  Here she is watching a movie with PopPop.

 While Mom and Dad took a quick walk through the airport, someone fed Madison an ice cream bar.  It seems she really enjoyed it.


More please!
 

 Madison loved being at the lake house.  She loved playing with a soccer ball.

Madison loved playing with PopPop.  I love how happy they both are in this picture.

 I love this picture.  Isn't she darling!

 Madison loved playing with this pop-up school bus.  She really enjoys pretending to drive.
 

 Madison slept really poorly one night.  After reading a little while with PopPop, she fell asleep.  Poor girl.

Madison also loved playing with Nana, as well. 
 

Madison and Aunt Jenna watching TV.
 

 Madison was very interested in the rain.  It doesn't rain much in CA where we live, so she hasn't been in the rain much.  Here she's pointing up at the rain with PopPop.  She was surprisingly OK with the thunder.  She seemed to like the rain.
 

 Madison loves Winnie the Pooh.  She enjoyed watching very closely on the big TV.
 

 Madison really enjoyed getting wagon rides.  She loves being outside.
 

 Madison makes the best faces.  What is this Q-tip for?
 

 Thanks for letting me play with this iPad.
 

 Here are Mimi and Pappy's descendants, except my Uncle Russ.  Sadly, he and Hayden only overlapped a few minutes, so we couldn't get a picture all together. 
 

 Here's my cousins and spouses.  It was so nice to be together!
 

 The best part of the lake house is the lake!  Madison really like playing in the sand, though she doesn't look like it in this picture.
 

 Madison and Daddy playing in the water.


Why is the sand sticking to my foot?

Madison was very fascinated when Matt and Jenna buried each other in the sand.  She wandered around them and poured water on them, until Matt scared her by breaking his hand free of the sand.


 I love this picture of Madison too.  She looks so tranquil wandering through the grass.

Madison enjoyed a short trip on the boat.  She really enjoyed helping Pappy drive.  Doesn't she look proud of herself?
 
Madison mostly enjoyed the boat ride, except her hair getting in her face.  I learned my lesson and pulled it back for her next ride.

Madison with Nana and PopPop.
 
Isn't this a great picture of Madison at a playground near the beach?  PopPop takes great pictures.


 I usually don't like pictures of myself, but I like how my Mom and I both look so happy in this photo.  The lake has that effect on everybody!

Brian got his turn getting pulled behind the boat.  He hit pretty hard falling off and bruised a rib that hurt for nearly a week.  I guess we're not as young as we once were!



 I really appreciated these parking signs right near one of the beaches.  I've never seen signs like these before, but it was great to get to park close!  I wish they were more common.
 
 
 On our last day in VA, we decided to do some touring of downtown DC since Jenna had never been there and Brian hadn't since middle school.  Madison wasn't very interested in the memorials, but did enjoy being outside.

Madison goes down the stairs in style!

 The Washington Monument was damaged by a recent earthquake in the area.  While they do repairs, it is covered in this strange scaffolding patterned like giant bricks.  I guess it looks nicer than regular scaffolding...

 We did a quick drive around to see some other sights in downtown before Madison cut our touring short by throwing up all over her self and her car seat. (She occasionally cries so hard she throws up, even if she's not sick.  She usually does this in the car.)  On our driving tour we passed the Supreme Court building.  The building is currently undergoing renovations.  Because there were several big decisions being given by the Court at the time, they hung this huge sheet over the scaffolding with a picture of what the front of the building usually looks like.  It looked so weird we had to take a picture!

And, because we can't end without another picture of Madison, here she is staring herself in the face.  Silly girl!

1 comment:

  1. So many cute pictures. I love them--never too many. I can't wait to see what Daughter #2 looks like!

    ReplyDelete