For the 4th we went up to Redlands to watch fireworks and play in the pool, but I failed to take pictures.
Bri often takes Friday afternoons off (by working an extra hour each of the other days in the week). Madison loves getting to play with Daddy. We often head over to the little playground in our complex. Bri got these cute pictures of Madison on his phone.
She has an infectious smile!
Madison also loves helping in the kitchen. Here she is helping us make pizza rolls (an idea stolen from the Jones family food blog thejoneswomencook.blogspot.com).
One day in July Madison and I joined the ward primary on a trip to the Newport Temple. Madison enjoyed wandering around the grounds and really loved the water fountains. I don't remember what was so exciting in the sky, but she is cute getting excited about it.
Drinking juice by the fountain
Walking along the fountain with her friend Brandon.
Posing for Momma in front of the flowers.
Making faces. This is a common Madison expression.
One of the most exciting changes in July was getting Madison a big girl bed. Unfortunately, Madison was not so excited about actually sleeping in her bed. She was really excited about her new found freedom, until she realized we had locked her door. So, instead of sleeping in her bed, she slept right in front of the door. I guess she wanted to be there as soon as we unlocked the door. I took this picture of her through the crack under the door one day during nap time.
I love this picture of Madison's hand creeping under the door. She fell asleep with her hand trying to escape!
I'm happy to report that Madison has now been sleeping in her bed for nap time and bed time for a week. She was sick last weekend, and I think that triggered the change. She was too tired to bother getting out of bed. Now she will happily climb into bed and let you tuck her in before you leave. We don't even have to lock the door. She slept on the floor for about 6 weeks before her sudden change of heart this past week. We're so glad she decided her bed is OK.
Madison is getting more inventive in her playing. She found this swim diaper and decided it would make a good hat. I loved how she pulled it up to peak out.
On the 31st of July Madison and I joined my Aunt Judy and cousin Rachael Hutchings and her two girls for a trip to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Madison loved watching Rachael's girls play and enjoyed seeing many of the animals. She had a hard time seeing some of the animals on the safari train ride because they were too far away, but enjoyed all the exhibits. Here she is looking at a rhino from the train.
Momma and Madison on the train. (I don't really like this picture of me, but Madison is too darling, I had to include it.)
Eating a cookie while overlooking the safari landscape.
Madison favorite part of any zoo is the goats in the petting zoo. She loves to chase them and brush them.
So excited!
Madison loved this fake hollow log. She loves being inside things and looking through holes.
Sitting on the log
Savvy, Ella, and Madison
There was some sort of African festival going on at the park for the summer. On our way out, we discovered a play area with lots of traditional African musical instruments. Madison loves music and loved being able to play with the instruments.
This is a typical serene Madison face. She's so beautiful!
The excitement of making noise!
Here's our happy group before our train ride. This picture turned out surprising well, so Judy had to buy a set. Thanks Judy and Rachael for the fun trip!
And to end, you know it was a successful day if Madison looks like this about 5 minutes into the car ride home.
I love to look at pictures of Madison. She is sooo beautiful!
ReplyDeleteShe is SOOOOOOOOOO darling! I've gotta come visit! Thanks, Sarah. You should do this DAILY.
ReplyDeleteShe is SOOOOOOOOOO darling! I've gotta come visit! Thanks, Sarah. You should do this DAILY.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture you took through the crack under the door. So sweet!
ReplyDelete