
So, shortly after my mission, my myldsmail.net account was shut down and with it went the e-mail address of the Flores family, an amazing family I had taught and helped baptize in Honduras. At the end of my mission, I knew that a lot of the family was no longer attending church mainly due to some disputes with the bishop. However, they loved Family Home Evening, so they kept having FHE every Monday. I knew nothing of them for almost two years...
A couple days ago, I got a friend request on Facebook from one of their daughters. I was excited to find out that some of the rest of the family was also on Facebook. This morning, I had the chance to chat with their son Edwin to find out how they were doing. His entire family is now active in the church. He's helping the missionaries teach his girlfriend about the gospel. They have plans to go to the Guatemala temple this July to be sealed as a family, and Edwin is submitting his mission papers next week. They haven't missed a Family Home Evening since we first taught them back in 2007.
How neat, Brian! I just heard today from a family that I taught THIRTY-TWO years ago. What a blessing the Internet can be, when used in the right way!!
ReplyDeleteGreat story!
ReplyDeleteWow, how nice to have confirmation that you really made a difference.
ReplyDeleteI love that what kept them in the church was family home evening! What an inspired practice. :)
ReplyDelete