Thursday, January 30, 2014

Introducing Katelyn Elizabeth Wright!

Katelyn Elizabeth Wright was born October 30th at 5:49 pm.  She weighed 8 lbs, 0 oz, and was 19 3/4 inches long. 

Katelyn came 11 days early.  Madison was 6 days late, so I wasn't expecting her yet.  I was so sure she wouldn't be coming, that I didn't think my water had really broken.  When I finally decided it had, I told Brian to come home from work and we went over to the hospital.  I wasn't having any contractions, but my water had definitely broken, so I was started on Pitocin.  It took a little while to start working, but when it did kick in, they got hard fast.  I was dilated to a 4, right before getting my epidural.  As soon as the epidural was in, I was a 10.  Luckily I had the epidural, because it took my doc 45 minutes to get there.  Once he arrived, I pushed for about 10 minutes, and here she was. 

My labor and delivery with Katelyn were so different than Madison.  With Madison I had contractions for 24 hours before they finally broke my water.  Then I dilated within a few hours, but had to push for well over an hour.  I thought I knew a little of how things would go the second time around, but I guess I didn't know anything. :)


So now that I got all the boring words out of the way.  Here is a picture overload.

Sarah after getting admitted to the hospital.





Brian, happy to not be at work.



Introducing Katelyn!


Katelyn and Daddy

Dark hair

Unsure about this world.

Meeting Papa Wright

With Grandma Wright (who had a cold)

Happy parents

Madison was excited to have Daddy home the next morning.  She helped Daddy make breakfast.


Madison was excited to come see Mommy and baby Katelyn.  She picked out the balloons herself.


Look Mom, a baby!

Madison really liked the Dr Pepper Mommy was drinking for a headache.


Giving Katelyn a kiss


Cute Baby

After an extremely boring Halloween sitting in the hospital, we convinced our doctors and nurses to let us go home first thing in the morning, Nov 1st. 

Sarah, ready to go home


Getting Katelyn ready to go

Katelyn, dressed to go home (sorry, I'm too lazy to rotate it)


Katelyn and Daddy


Cute little burrito



In the car seat, ready to go home.


1 comment:

  1. What a cutie. We need more updates! Here is my favorite line: "I thought I knew a little of how things would go the second time around, but I guess I didn't know anything." Yup. Welcome to parenthood. :)

    ReplyDelete