Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cheesecake Factory Pasta and CPA Exam

So, a few weeks ago, Sarah and I went to the Cheesecake Factory with my family, and I had their "Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta."  Ever since, I've been craving that dish, but it's a decent drive to get to the nearest Cheesecake Factory, and it's not exactly the cheapest place around either.  I decided to try to make the pasta on my own (given I don't ever cook meals more difficult than quesadillas or Mac & Cheese, this is a big deal).  I found a copy-cat recipe online (http://deedeelovesrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/10/spicy-chicken-chipotle-pasta.html) and decided to give it a try.  Here's my result.


It actually didn't turn out too bad.  It takes a little work because there are several things to chop up and add in at different times, but it tasted great.  It also made a TON of pasta, so I've been eating the leftovers every day since.  It's a pretty good recipe.

I also took the Regulation portion of the CPA exam yesterday.  It was more difficult than I anticipated, which means it lives up to its hype.  It's hard to know if I passed or failed since a little more than 15% of all the questions were "pre-test" questions that don't count towards my score, and every question has a different (and unknown) weight in determining my final score.  I now have to wait until June 8th to find out my result (despite the fact that the test is entirely computer graded, meaning they have my result right now).  Hopefully it will turn out well, but we'll see...

I started studying today for the next section, Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), which is considered by many to be the most difficult of all the sections.  I take that one on July 3rd, just in time to take a break from studying to relax and enjoy the 4th of July holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment