Here are some fun facts about 2 month old Madison.
She sleeps from 10-6, waking up usually 2 times to eat. If you hold her after 6 am, she'll sleep til 8 or 9. Friday night she slept for 7 hours straight! Too bad it was a fluke. She doesn't take great naps most days. I hope if we get better naps, then better sleeping at night will follow.
Madison takes her best naps while wrapped up in this swaddle blanket. I think she looks so cute while wearing it.
She sleeps at night in this swaddle blanket. I would have her wear it during the day too, but I don't want to wash it more than once a week!
Madison is getting better at holding her head up while on her tummy. She'll look forward if you can convince her there is a reason to. Tummy time is tolerable if Madison can find her fist or a binky to suck on. Otherwise, she gets mad very quickly.
She's definitely getting more vocal. She makes awesome cute noises when she is awake and happy.
She has started to like facing out when you hold her, so she can look around. She's starting to track with her eyes. She'll follow me around the room. She loves looking at the red curtains in her bedroom and Mom and Dad's wedding pictures (we think she likes all the black and white).
I think she might be getting the idea that she has some control over her arms. She kept trying to bring her fist up to her mouth to suck on it tonight. She missed, hitting other parts of her face/head, so many times before she finally got it in her mouth. We'll see how long it takes her to get it first try.
Here's a video of when she finally got her fist to her mouth tonight.
She still has a slight red/purple color to her left eyelid. At first we thought it was a bruise, but it is still there. She also has a red spot between her eye brows. She has a bunch of dark hair on the back of her head, but not much elsewhere. I'll try to get a good photo of her hair for the next post. Can you see the red on the inside of the left eyelid and the purple near the eyebrow?
I made this car seat blanket this past week. It has holes for the straps to go through. Then, you put Madison in and wrap the blanket around her. So far she likes it!
I love this picture of Madison studying accounting with Daddy. She is a cutie! We're so excited to see what the next month brings!
absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteSavannah had one of those Harry Potter forehead marks too. I haven't noticed it for a while, although I think it might show up if she cries hard enough. I love your carseat blanket. What a clever idea!
ReplyDeleteSarah herself had a red mark when she was a baby that looked like "CA" between her eyebrows. It did gradually fade, but would reappear when she cried.
ReplyDeleteAww, thanks for updating, I can't wait to see Madison again!
ReplyDeleteMadison has such beautiful eyes!
ReplyDelete