Saturday, June 26, 2010

Utah Valley Marathon and PwC Summer Leadership

So these last two weeks have been pretty eventful. The Utah Valley Marathon took place on June 12th. I spent 20 consecutive hours (from 2:00 PM to 10:00 AM the next morning) helping with event registration, expo, set-up, and coordinating event details as the race unfolded. It was a crazy and busy 20 hours, but a rewarding experience. I'm glad it's finally over though as it was really exhausting.

The next week was finals week. Sarah and I both did well. We both got a 4.0 for Spring term, so we have nothing to complain about there. I particularly enjoyed my Bible as Literature class. It was fascinating to analyze the Bible (mostly Old Testament) from a literary standpoint.

The most exciting event, however, was the Summer Leadership Adventure with PricewaterhouseCoopers. PwC paid for all of my flights and accommodations so that I could go to their Los Angeles office to learn about leadership and the core values of PwC as an organization. It was a great opportunity to meet students, new associates, seniors, managers, and several partners from the Orange County, San Diego, and Los Angeles offices. It was also quite the experience to go to the 49th floor of the building for the program. It's a bit strange to have your ears pop two or three times going up an elevator. I was very impressed with how professional and helpful the PwC staff were for the entire program. I definitely look forward to getting to know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers as I continue on my career search.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bri and Sarah, it was so good to see you this weekend, thanks so much for coming to my race. I love you guys and look forward to seeing you in July, if not sooner. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete