Saturday, February 23, 2013

February

February started out in Utah.  Once again, I didn't take that many pictures because someone else was taking them for me.  But I did take this one.  She's cute!


Luckily, Brian was able to come home for Valentine's Day.  Madison loved helping me make a cheesecake.  Here she's helping me crush graham crackers.


And here she's helping me clean up.


At the beginning of this week, my grandparents flew out from DC to spend a few days with us.  We were lucky enough to grab lunch with Brian during his busiest week.




Madison was not sure she liked Pappy at first.  She would walk over near him, and then run away.


She loved the water fountain.  Daddy takes good care of her.  She loves Daddy.


She loves running from Daddy.


After lunch with Brian we headed down to Newport Beach.  We had fun walking along the beach and pier.  There was a really friendly seal under the pier.  Madison was a little afraid of the sand.  We didn't get to play long enough to get her used to it.  We obviously need to go to the beach more often.

Tuesday was all rainy.  We spent the day at Costco, Target, and playing at home.  On Wednesday, we headed out to Irvine Regional Park.  We enjoyed a train ride and then headed over to the zoo.  Madison enjoyed looking at the animals.  One of the mountain lions really enjoyed looking at Madison.  He started pacing along the fence watching her every move.  It was a little creepy.  I should have taken a video, but I felt like I wanted to get away from the creepy mountain lion. 



Mostly, we just enjoyed Mimi and Pappy's company.  Madison was a little unsure of them at first, but soon was giving them hugs and smiling.  We were so happy they came to visit.  We hope they can come again soon.


One last photo.  Madison loves her books.  I caught her sitting on the couch "reading" this book.  She was sitting with it on her lap talking to herself before I grabbed the camera. 


3 comments: